Kausani Kausani is also known as Mini Switzerland of Uttarakhand. We have best Ranikhet & Kausani Sightseeing Package. Kausani is famous for the view of snow-crested Trishul, Nanda Devi, Nanda Kot, and Panchchuli peaks, there are very few places in the Himalayas whose beauty can be compared to that of Kausani – a picturesque hill station famous for its scenic splendor and its spectacular 300 km-wide panoramic views of the Himalayas. With a total area of 5.2 sq. km, situated at a height of 1890 m above sea level, located 51 km north of Almora, Kausani is the birth place of famous Hindi poet Sumitra Nandan Pant, who wrote some of his memorable poems in praise of this paradise on earth. In 1929, Mahatma Gandhi stayed here for 14 days at the Anasakti Ashram while scripting his book titled ‘Anasakti Yoga’ and was greatly impressed by its environs.
Places To Visit In Kausani
Kausani is just 58km from Ranikhet in Kumaon Region, We Customize Kausani Tour Package with other Parts of Kumaon & Garhwal Region. The best Tour package is 2Night Nainital, 2N Kausani & 1N Jim Corbett. has Best Hotel & Resort in Kausani, the best deal for Tour Package.
|Place||Distance||Apporex Time Taken|
|Delhi||410 Km by Taxi / Bus||11hr by Taxi|
|Haridwar||322 Km by Taxi / Bus||9hr 45min by Taxi|
|Pant Nagar Airport||210 Km by Taxi||6hr 25min by Taxi|
|Chopta||160km by Taxi / Bus||5hr 30min by Taxi|
|Auli||210 km by Taxi / Bus||6hr 20by Taxi|
|Munsiyari||165 km by Taxi / Bus||5hr 450min by Taxi|
|Almora||52 km by Taxi / Bus||1hr 30 by Taxi|
|Karanpriyag||106 km by Taxi / Bus||3hr 35min by Taxi|
|Ranikhet||58km by Taxi||1hr 30min by Taxi|
|Corbett||154 km by Taxi / Bus||5hr 30min by Taxi|
|Nainital||140 km by Taxi / Bus||5hr 10min by Taxi|
Nearest Airport: One of the Nearest Airport to Kausani is Pantnagar Airport, It is on the distance of 210km. Get the taxi Service from Pantnagar Airport to Kausani. Pantnagar Airport to Kausani gets the Prepaid Taxi Service.
Nearest Railway Station: Kathgodam Railway Station is nearest Railway Station to Kausani, Get the train from Delhi & reach Kathgodam then hire Cab later drive to Kausani. Cab Service from Kathgodam to Kausani
Nearest Bus Stand: Ramnagar & Haldwani are the two station which is connected with Bus Service from Delhi & Dehradun
SIGHTSEEING PLACES IN KAUSANI
1. Anasakti Ashram: TAnasakti Ashram is a Religious site where Gandhi stayed in 1929 with a prayer room, small museum & a picturesque setting. This is the place were Mahatama Gandhi Ji stayed for 14days, they fell in love with Beauty of place & So they called Kausani as Mini Switzerland
2. Rudradari Waterfall: Rudradhari Falls and Caves is located on Kausani Almora Road with a 12 km distance from Kausani, to reach the fall there is a trek of 2.5km from Road. A Rudradhari waterfall is a natural location with lush green paddy fields where water flows over a vertical drop in the course of a river. This waterfall can be easily watched while trekking to Adi Kailash region or Trishuli Parvat. There are many ancient caves that have been explored near the waterfall. Rudradari Waterfall is Must visited Places to Visit in Kausani.
3. Kausani Tea Estate: Kausani tea Estate is just 2km from Kausani Bus Stand. It a Small Area of Tea Garden. One can see how Tea Planting has to happen in the Mountains.
4. Sumitranandan Government Museum: Sumitranandan Pant Government Museum. One of the primary glamour of Kausani metropolis is a museum gallery in basic terms dedicated to the well-known literary figure of cutting-edge Hindi literature, Sumitranandan Pant. The museum gallery turned into constructed in Kausani to commemorate Sumitranandan Pant.
5. Baijnath Temple: Baijnath is famous for its 13th-century temple dedicated to Shiva as Vaidyanath, 'the Lord of physicians'. Originally known as Kiragrama, the village lies on the Pathankot-Mandi highway, almost midway between Kangra and Mandi.