Lansdowne Lansdowne is a hill station in the north Indian state of Uttarakhand. It was founded as a military garrison under the British Raj, and the Garhwali Museum traces the history of the Garhwal Rifles regiment, which still trains in the town. Close to colonial-era St. Mary’s Church, Tip-n-Top viewpoint is perched upon a ridge overlooking forested hills. Hindu devotees worship Shiva at the centuries-old Kaleshwar Temple. Famous Tarkeshwar Mahadev Temple with its special Shivalinga and a Kund (a small pond) known as Gauri Kund is situated 39 km away from Lansdowne. People take bath in Gauri Kund before entering the temple. Two other famous temples, Durga Devi Temple and Jwalpa Devi, which are on the Pauri-Kotdwar road are 24 km and 47 km away respectively. Durga Devi Temple is one of the oldest Siddha Pithas in India. Our Company provides Complete Tour Package of Lansdowne from Delhi Airport & Dehradun Airport. We have one of the best Hotels & Resorts in Lansdowne. Lansdowne is also famous for Honeymoon Destinations & Holidays. We provide Cab Service from Dehradun Delhi Airport to Lansdowne, Dehradun Airport to Lansdowne. All types of Cab & Bus Available for Lansdowne.
Famous Tarkeshwar Mahadev Temple with its special Shivalinga and a Kund (a small pond) known as Gauri Kund is situated 39 km away from Lansdowne. People take bath in Gauri Kund before entering the temple. Two other famous temples, Durga Devi Temple and Jwalpa Devi, which are on the Pauri-Kotdwar road are 24 km and 47 km away respectively. Durga Devi Temple is one of the oldest Siddha Pithas in India.
Distance from Grant Rishikesh
Apporex Time Taken
|Delhi||260 Km by Taxi / Bus||6hr 30min by Taxi|
|Haridwar||106 Km by Taxi / Bus||3hr by Taxi|
|Dehradun Airport||146 Km by Taxi||4hr by Taxi|
|Kotdwar||40km by Taxi / Bus||1hr 20min by Taxi|
|Mussoorie||206 km by Taxi / Bus||6hr 30minby Taxi|
|Rishikesh||126 km by Taxi / Bus||3hr 45min by Taxi|
|Pauri||85 km by Taxi / Bus||2hr 35min by Taxi|
|Srinagar||125 km by Taxi / Bus||4hr by Taxi|
|Nainital||245 km by Taxi||7hr by Taxi|
|Corbett||182 km by Taxi / Bus||5hr 20min by Taxi|
|Dhari||140 km by Taxi / Bus||4hr by Taxi|
Nearest Airport: Jolly Grant Airport is at 146km from Lansdowne, It is one of the Nearest Airport to Lansdowne connecting with Regular Flight from Delhi & Mumbai. Provide Cab Service from Jolly Grant Airport to Lansdowne. We also provide a one-way taxi from Jolly Grant Airport to Lansdowne. Provide Complete Package of Lansdowne from Dehradun & Delhi Airport, with Cab, Hotel / Camp, All Meals.
Nearest Railway Station: Kotdwar Railway Station is 40km from Lansdowne. We Provide Best Taxi Fare from Kotdwar Railway Station to Lansdowne on a Regular basis. Lansdowne is Connecting with Trains from Delhi. We provide Dzire, Tempo Traveller & Bus Service from Kotdwar to Lansdowne at best Price.
Nearest Bus Stand: Lansdowne is connected with the Goverment & Private Bus from Kotdwar, also provide Lansdowne Tour Package from Kotdwar.
SIGHTSEEING PLACES IN LANSDOWNE
1. Garhwali Museum: Garhwali Museum is also known as Darwan Singh Museum, The Museum has one of the Oldest Garwal Rifles. A historical defense museum named after first Victoria Cross holder from Garhwal Rifles Darwan Singh Negi. The Place is must visit if you are in your Vacation to Lansdowne, Displays the greatest leaders of our nation. From British India to Independent India, one can witness all kinds of weapons, places, people, leaders, wars associated with the nation. Photography is prohibited on the premises. A nominal fee of 20 INR per person.
2. Bulla Tal: Bulla Tal is best Spot to enjoy with Family & Children in Lansdown. It is just 1km From Lansdowne center Point.
3. St. Mary Church: St. Mary's Church a lovely and holy place and for every tourist to be there, it brings a lot of charm to the place and surroundings. The Church was established in 1985. It is a jewel in the heart of this small hill station, main tourist attraction and people go there to visit and offer up their prayers, It is a Roman Catholic Church built by the Britishers earlier has been under the army but has been handed over to the Catholic diocese
4. Tip N Top Point: Tip N Top is Located at a distance of 1.5km from Centre Point of Lansdowne, the place has best view of Shivalik Range of Himalayas.
5. Kaleshwar Mahadev Temple: At a distance of 1.5 km from Lansdowne Market, Kaleshwar Mahadev Temple is an ancient temple situated in Lansdowne. This temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva and is maintained by the army. Kaleshwar Mahadev Temple is a major place of worship for the people of Lansdowne.>